Four week class! September 23, 30, October 7, 14, 2014 - The Cathedral of Hope UCC, 5910 Cedar Springs Road, Dallas, TX 75235. Tuesdays, 7-8:15 pm - Come when you can!
Whether your work brings you to hospitals, recovery ministries, hospice, jail, church, school, or only to your meditation cushion, singing with and for one another can help us to manage our internal weather, deepen our ability to listen, and help us to be deeply present in our communities.
In this four week class we will:
- learn beautiful melodies to help us grow in compassion as we develop our most authentic voice and walk the way of freedom together;
- listen deeply to the spirit within, sing our way to our sweetest identity, individually and collectively;
- re-discover God, with and in our voices;
- listen deeply and experience the ways sound touches spirit;
- explore sacred chant to heal ourselves and the world, learning how sound can enhance well-being; and
- reflect on sounds that open and close our hearts.
Absolutely everyone is welcome in this class of humming, toning, singing, deep listening, and seriously fun prayer. If you can hum you can come. Whether you have a degree in music or have been told to mouth the words, you are beloved, and the possibilities for singing a deeper song together are truly endless if we intentionally invite and include one another. Plan to start with yourself! Learn how your voice lives in your body, how to use it to generate health and healing, and how to let it help you bring your best self to all you do. Our greatest dreams and our biggest hurts are present in our voices, The voice you’ve been given is a part of your gift to the world and is unique in the universe. Knowing yourself can help put you on the fast track to a healthy inner life.
For more information contact Katherine Godby at (214) 351-1901.